Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Canon U.S.A. is currently seeking a bilingual Spanish/English Product Safety & Regulations Specialist. This position will act as a liaison between Canon Inc. (CINC)/Canon USA (CUSA) & Canon Latin America (CLA) business units concerning all Canon products nationally and internationally regulatory compliance. Also this position is responsible to support and help Canon Americas Group companies’ regulatory compliance for the product safety area including EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility). Support to ensure Canon’s compliance with all national and international product safety standards and regulations associated with Canon products.
Responsible in obtaining the international certification marks on which Canon products require in order to optimize the sale of the products in a particular foreign market. This position will act as a liaison between CINC/CUSA/LAG business units concerning all Canon products nationally and internationally regulatory compliance. Also this position is responsible to support and help Canon Americas Group companies’ regulatory compliance for the product safety area including EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility).
To support the Product Safety manager in product safety regulatory compliance
- Assist with type approval applications on which Canon products require in order to optimize the sale of the products in a particular foreign market.
Conduct investigations of current standards in “Compliance Regulations” for each market Canon intends to operate as to they vary from country to country.
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining files of regulatory compliance documents for all Canon products on which regulations mandates type-approval (homologation) for equipment that is connected to the public switched networ, using the radio spectrum, causing or affected by Electromagnetic energy. potentially hazard to the end user.
- Monitor and analyze regulatory requirements (including amendments of existing laws and regulations, and proposals of new laws and regulations), and provide findings to the related groups and divisions to take proactive measures;
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of internal policies, procedures and programs for regulatory compliance;
- Assist in providing information & consultation for inquiries & requests related to product safety;
- Assist with support, consultation and training of related groups and divisions for regulatory compliance, and inquiries & requests related to product safety;
- Assist in the function of being the main contact and corporate liaison to regulatory and certifying agencies.
- Enter and process BU's request for product safety item set up in S21 system on a daily basis, ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure all product safety data is documented and validated.
- Follow up with Business Units on obtaining the proper documentation for S21 safety data entries.
- Follow up with "final" approver to ensure requests get approved on a timely manner.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in wireless technology and/or Copier Service support industry.
- 4 years in product safety regulations and/or product regulatory compliance, highly preferred.
- Requires knowledge of product safety and/or EMC such as FCC, FDA, and UL policies.
- This position requires bi-lingual skills in Spanish required (knowledge of Portuguese is welcome too).
- Written and oral language proficiency will be assessed by a language perficiency test.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed