About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Are you seeking an opportunity to work with Semiconductor manufacturing equipment? Based in San Jose, Calif., you will use your knowledge and skills to provide customer support for onsite installations and maintenance of semiconductor equipment. You will also provide troubleshooting and equipment repairs within standard specifications.
- Check and maintain equipment within factory standard specifications of system equipment.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system equipment.
- Serve as company liaison with customer on matters for assigned projects (i.e. installations and major component replacements).
- Perform complex repair maintenance or unit replacement according to factory procedures independently and with others.
- Provide technical support to customers and respond to questions regarding operation procedures, equipment malfunctions, and other technical issues to minimize equipment down time and ensure positive customer relations.
- Identify and report equipment error and status updates related to equipment performance issues to aid in troubleshooting or maintenance.
- Conduct training for customer personnel ensuring proficiency of service and operations.
- Work with other technicians in the field to troubleshoot and service equipment.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in electrical engineering preferred or equivalent experience (i.e. technical training, military training or technical school)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field (i.e. semiconductor manufacturing equipment preferably with optics related background.
- Hands on mechanical skills required
- Hands on experience with electronic testing tools required
- Able to work on equipment alone and work with other engineers as a team player under challenging situations
- Additional experience or knowledge in optical, lasers, software, robotics, precision mechanical skill or chemical are a plus
- Lithography background a plus (experience on i-line, DUV photolithography equipment)
- Excellent trouble shooting skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer support experience is a plus
- Must be able to travel frequently and work flexible schedules
- Overnight travel approximately 40%
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed