Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent
company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty,
providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured
LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting
www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Canon U.S.A's Finance & Accounting Division is currently seeking a Sr. Income Tax Accountant (Accountant, Sr. (Income Tax)) to join their Tax Department. The Sr. Tax Accountant will maintain tax records and prepare income tax returns, related schedules, and related reports. In addition, the accountant will prepare paperwork for local, state and federal level income tax returns. Maintains tax records and prepares income tax returns, related schedules, and related reports. Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level income tax returns.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes corporate financial information in order to ensure the preparation of accurate and timely filed state and federal income tax returns and related reports
- Reviews and discusses new and complex tax issues and legislation with accounting consultants and makes decisions which ensure the propriety of tax returns and maximization of tax advantages
- Attends conferences and training sessions in order to keep abreast of tax issues relevant to the company and provide proper tax guidance to top management
- Conducts detailed tax research in order to respond to specific tax related questions, advises management of legal interpretations which are in the best interest of the company
- Clarifies supporting tax documentation to state and federal tax auditors in order to ensure favorable audit results
- Ensure the preparation of accurate and timely filed state and federal income tax returns and related reports in a manner which minimizes tax liability to the company
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting coupled with 5+ years of income tax related experience is required, preferably with a large sales organization
- C-Corporation (federal and state) tax experience is required
- A Masters Degree in Taxation and/or CPA would also be beneficial
- Due to the complexity and continually changing nature of tax legislation, he/she also should possess continued professional education and training in the tax area in order to demonstrate currency of his/her knowledge base
- This position requires thorough knowledge of tax codes and principles with the ability to research specific tax issues
- Should be familiar with personal computers, spreadsheets and tax accounting applications preferably OneSource Income Tax
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed