Canon BioMedical, Inc. is a subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Canon BioMedical, Inc. is dedicated to extending innovative Canon core technologies into the burgeoning life sciences field — and to the introduction and marketing of vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Canon BioMedical is currently seeking a Associate Product Manager (Specialist, Product Management). This position will work in cross-functional teams to develop and execute marketing programs that achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions focused on Point-of-Need and Infectious disease segments in the research and diagnostic marketplaces. This role will interface with key stakeholders including commercial sales and marketing, operations, medical and regulatory affairs, Legal and R&D. Externally this role will interact with KOLs, consultants, customers, and various groups representing different customer personas. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, both written and verbally. The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biotechnology or similar field and at least 3 years of experience working in similar marketing, sales, or business development roles. Additional training, experience, or education in biotechnology is preferred. Experience in market assessments, competitor analysis and IVD product development or sales. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is expected. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have highly developed organizational skills; Ability to work independently, quickly and thoroughly to prioritize and complete tasks under multiple deadlines.
- Develops and executes marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Assists in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Manages product-line life cycles
- Responsible for overall product-line P/L from launch
- Develops and executes product-line growth strategy
- Identifies potential collaborations and business development opportunities
- Responsible for distribution/pricing/promotions/positioning of products within target markets
- Continuously monitors the competitive landscape and provides feedback
- Performs quantitative and qualitative market analysis and monitors industry trends
- Creates/monitors marketing budget.
- Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Required Skill Set
- B.S. in Biology, Biotechnology or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of Industry Experience in Marketing, Sales, or Business Development roles
- Knowledge of infectious disease testing or similar Point-of-Need markets highly desired
- Prior experience with market assessments, competitor analysis and sales forecasting high desired
- Prior experience with IVD sales highly desired
- Prior experience with establishing and managing KOLs highly desired.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed