Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
The Product Engineer Specialist will be responsible for the tier 3 post-sales support and Quality Assurance of Business Imaging Solutions Group's network multifunction printing software, firmware and hardware. to include: uniFLOW, Therefore, Nuance, MEAP, Cloud Services field support as well as Canon's imageWARE suite of software.
- Conducting issue investigations on case escalations
- Supporting departmental efforts for trade shows and customer pre-sales engagements
- Quality Assurance evaluations with environment setup and testing execution
- Analysis and tracking for trend analysis
- Participate in departmental documentation and reporting needs
- Case Escalation: Checks for newly escalated cases to their group regularly throughout the day and follows current Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines for the first and subsequent actions until the case is resolved. Sets up and duplicates field claim issues. Discusses problems with Technical Coordinator, management, group leaders and developers as necessary. Documents all investigations and information in appropriate databases. Keeps all support personnel up-to-date while the investigation is in progress.
- Product Launch Process: Includes creation of Technical Publications, preparing Technical Transfer materials, website posting requests and other associated tasks related to the Launch Process activities for newly released products.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems with specific technical coursework.
2 – 5 years experience in a networking environment with a background in a technical support, quality assurance or development capacity is required.
No experience necessary with Canon digital product line but an understanding of the workflow or the network print workflow is helpful.
Must possess the following skills:
Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to work through complex workflows
Practical applied knowledge of Microsoft, MacIntosh and standard network technologies.
Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging network devices and systems (i.e.: computers, printers, shared network storage devices, mail systems etc).
Working application knowledge of current versions of popular commercial software packages (i.e.: Office, Adobe Creative Suite).
Working knowledge of common networking/communication protocols such as DNS, SNMP, SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of current and upcoming versions of Windows and Mac OS. UNIX/LINUX, MS Exchange, MS SharePoint Server and SQL knowledge is a plus.
An industry standard certification such as MCTS, or a CCNA is a plus.
This position requires ability to maintain organization and prioritization for project assignments.
- Must proactively and independently be able to coordinate product project management activities and ensure that established procedures are followed.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed