- Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology, Clinical microbiology or Biological sciences with a focus in microbiology.
- 0-2 years bench-level scientific research in academic or industry environment, preferably in the diagnostic or life sciences industry.
- Experience with Microbiology, including culture, maintenance and quantitation of various microorganisms. Experience in Molecular Biology areas including PCR and nucleic acid purification is a plus.
- Experience in working safely with biological materials in BSL-2 environment, including material handling, storage and disposal.
- Strong analytical abilities required for designing experiments, data analysis, and reporting.
- Must be able to maintain impeccable records from raw data including lab notebooks and computer generated data files, quantitative analysis of data, laboratory protocols, and summary reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, and the ability to function with moderate degree of independence are required.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.